Wednesday, November 9, 2011

For Richer or Poorer...

Let's just say that I'm really looking forward to that "richer" part.

Trying to plan a wedding with limited resources is an interesting experience.  Here's the thing: there are just so many details to consider that it's hard to know where to start, and it's easy to get overwhelmed. 

If I had the money, I would absolutely pay someone to plan the whole thing for me.  I would give them a list of certain ideas and requests and then let them go to town.  If money were no object, it wouldn't matter how many little details were lurking behind the scenes that I had never considered, and I could choose a caterer based solely on the quality of their food and not based on the price per person, and I could have floral arrangements that were out of season and a custom-made designer gown that I will never wear again and a gigantic three tier cake covered with diamonds and dripping in gold.

But alas, my bank account is far from bottomless and my budget is not my friend. So, an inexpensive wedding is not just a goal, it's a necessity.  I can't afford to just look at what's available - I need to find what is possible.

This is where the story of my "budget" wedding begins.

My goal: $8,000 or less.

No comments:

Post a Comment